When nature Calls
You must listen. Why? Because being out in nature truly helps get the joy back in your life.
Yep there are tons of studies abounding about how being outside in nature can help you feel happier and can actually help your health. And we know of course that being happier and healthier contribute greatly to Living Joyfully Solo! But honestly studies are…
The thing is though those studies make a lot of sense. Being out in nature really does help your peace of mind.
The health benefits found in these studies should make you think about doing this. Some of them are:
• Helps increase your Vitamin D when out in the sunshine
• Natural sunlight helps the body’s internal clock which helps increase your quality of sleep
• It helps reduce your stress level
• Being near water actually helps lift people’s moods significantly
• Being in nature helps lower blood pressure and possibly lowers blood sugar
But let’s get to the…
Getting out in nature
• Gives you a much needed break from technology – in other words turn the computer off and leave your phone at home!
• Helps break up the routine – or rut – that you sometimes find yourself in
• Provides something new to enjoy.
• Helps clear your mind
Hey I don’t care where you live – there is going to be someplace nearby that has trees and flowers and plants and water and birds and other wonderful things to enjoy.
Some fun ways to enjoy the outdoors and nature:
- Spend time in your garden
- Just sit outside for a while – just by yourself. Enjoy the sunshine or the breeze on your face
- Find all the local parks in your area and check them out
- Take your dog (or a neighbor’s dog) for a walk
- Go for a hike with some friends
- Go for a hike alone
- Head for the river or the ocean or whatever water there is nearby
Just do it! Make a commitment to spend time in nature – even if just a few minutes each day – though of course more is better!
Get happy – Get healthy – Get Joyful!
What are some ways that you enjoy the outdoors? When was the last time you explored a new park? When was the last time you just sat in nature and enjoyed the sounds and sights around you?