It is a time of conflict in our nation, and world, right now.
And so many of us have become stressed, angry, fearfull and just plain sad. To the point in fact of feeling actual physical pain.
Man, I get that. I truly do as I have felt the same thing.
Being stressed, being angry and being sad, are all emotions that we all have at some point in time.
But they are not good emotions to struggle with on a day to day basis.
There have been more and more posts from people that I know stating how awful and stressed they feel. It is anger, fear, sadness and in some cases physical pain. And trust me I get it. I have come up with a few ideas that might help you destress just a bit. Not completely mind you, but maybe just a bit.
1. Take care of yourself! This is terribly important and means many things to each of us. If that means getting the massage or mani/pedi, or going for a walk then so be it. Just do it.
2. Gather with your friends in whatever manner works for you. Just make sure that politics is off limits for the time that you are all together.
3. All of us have one or two issues that you feel are important. Then stand up for those issues; work your ass off to deal with whatever needs to be done concerning those two issues. Even if you think you know everything about those issues learn more. Learn all you can so that you can pass the information along in an honest and intelligent manner.
4. Don’t worry so much about the other issues. Trust me there there will be others that are working on the other issues. Just remember that you cannot do it all and if you try to you will burn out.
5. If you feel compelled to post something on any type of social media do yourself and others to fact-check prior to posting. It is very important in this day and age to make sure that only truth is put out to us
6. Remember too that it is not necessary to read every single political post that you see. It is ok to skim past them.
7. Subscribe to some pages in which they only put out good or fun items or news. We all need good news or fun posts to show up in our feeds.
8. Take at least one day a week in which you are off any social media.
Seriously…it is important to take care of the self. If we don’t do that we will all burn out and we can’t have that!
Do you have any other ideas or suggestions to help us stay happy…or at least not quite so stressed? I would love to hear them.